Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ephinany - Healing, Realizing, whatever it's called it is ultimately moving on...

Kinda just hit me today - boy calls me every day like clockwork & didn't today & I didn't stress or even think about it too too much...Here's what happened...

My water heater blew up - boy has a friend who is a plumber (homeowning sucks which is another story altogether) - I do enough free legal work for boy for me to take advantage of these freebies. Boy completely takes over as any good boy should because I am a firm beleiver that certain tasks (yard, garbage, cars to name a few) are MAN jobs, not womans. And when I say take over - he called GE, he got the warranty info, he got the info on what I needed to do, he came all the way over, hooked up the water heater to drain it, and made cals to peole to come and do it for me later. If I had the right tools he would have taken it out for me but I didn't.

See whenboy was here he ran into roommate (boy found roommate for me)...Roommate involved in the date outing from my first post. Roommate was not happy about it. Roommate saw me be a basketcase for days. Again, Roommate not happy with boy. Roommate doesn't hide this fact from boy.

Boy obsesses about it slightly with me. Doesnt' dawn on me until later that roommate is not mad at boy per se but mad about how it went down as boy and I had discussed many times since. Boy leaves and then is somewhat standoffish for the rest of the day & when asked if he is pissed at me he says no.

Then today nothing - not even a follow up on the water heater, which is unlike boy. Me thinks boy must be doing some thinking. And lo and behold, I am okay. Survivors unite.

Obviously for me this boy/girl fwb opened up doors on things, emotions, thoughts, feelings I thought were long gone but alas just when you think it's safe to try and be human Jaws reappears...

I will be ok. I will be better than ok. I know in my heart of hearts and pretty intelligent mind that truly is boy's loss...Onward ho....no pun intended... :)

No comments: